Friday, February 19, 2010

First Post Confessions

My first post on this new blog comes after a long series of personal setbacks with regard to my walk with the Lord. I have struggled with ongoing sin issues that I will not fully disclose at this time. It is far past time that I repent of these weights acting like parasitical hangers-on, sucking the lifeblood out of my veins. Graphic language, true, but the reality of the spiritual havoc perpetual sin is wrecking on me is far worse. My confession here, I hope, is one significant step in overcoming these said transgressions. Repentance is a long and painful process requiring me to allow the word of God to carve away from me a part of myself- the sinful nature that so desperately clings to my newly clothed with Christ body.
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.   Hebrews 4:12 NIV
for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.    Galatians 3:27 NIV

I will not enjoy this carnal pain of self-rejection in the moment, but the moment after. Whenever victory is experienced, (victory over these temporal physical desires) the level of utter joy far outweighs the seemingly unbearable weight of temptation just moments before. The invisible spiritual realities around me at all times go unnoticed and neglected. No more. I determine here and now to concentrate on the forces at work on me and within me. No more will I sit back idly by and let the Tempter have his way with my mind. I pray, Lord, Your Spirit makes His home in me and begins to crack away at the hard and crusted callouses that have grown up inside my conscience.
To him belong strength and victory; both deceived and deceiver are his.    Job 12:16 NIV
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.    Ephesians 6:12 KJV
I was afraid that in some way the tempter might have tempted you and our efforts might have been useless.    1Thessalonians 3:5b NIV
Spirit, lead me into truth, into the light. What this is about, for me, is to try and learn what is pleasing to the Lord, but not only that, to also put that new found wisdom into practice.
trying to learn what is pleasing to the Lord.   Ephesians 5:10 NASB

Lord, lead me into what pleases You, for You are my purpose. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment